Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a platform companies use to manage and integrate the essential parts of their businesses. Many ERP software applications are critical to companies because they help them implement resource planning by integrating all the processes needed to run their companies with a single system. An ERP software system can also integrate planning, purchasing inventory, sales, marketing, finance, human resources, and more.
Benefits of Enterprise Resource Planning:
- ERP software can integrate all of the processes needed to run a company.
- ERP solutions have evolved over the years, and many are now typically web-based applications that users can access remotely.
- Some benefits of ERP include the free flow of communication between business areas, a single source of information, and accurate, real-time data reporting.
- There are hundreds of ERP applications a company can choose from, and most can be customized.
- An ERP system can be ineffective if a company doesn't implement it carefully.